Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Favorite Bible Verse

When someone graduates from high school a lot of times they pick a life verse. I'd like to share with you what me favorite Bible verses are and why.

Psalms 37: 3-5
Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

There are lots of Bible verses that bring me comfort but I'd have to say for me this is the one that has spoken to me the most. It reminds me that if I trust and obey the Lord he will bless me. As for giving me the desires of my heart, that doesn't mean all my wishes will be granted but rather if I trust God, enjoy Him for who he is not who I make Him to be and purpose to follow Him, God will change my desires to be like His. Sometimes giving up my desires and changing to God's, can be very difficult but I know from experience that His ways are always far better then I could have imagined.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are proud of you!!
And we love you!!
Babum and Nanny xxxooo

Ashley said...

thank you