Friday, June 26, 2009

High School Graduation

Last Thursday I had something very exciting happen to me! I officially Graduated! I had been finished with all my school work for a while but on Thursday I actually received my diploma.
I had a combined Graduation and Senior recital. I really enjoyed it. I was able to play a few songs on the piano and sing too. My parents had both my piano teacher, Trisha Mock, and my voice instructor, Doris Hunter, come and say a few words. They were very sweet. I have been so blessed to have such great, encouraging teachers.
Daddy spoke for a few minuets and it was very touching. He gave me a challenge to always follow the Lord. One special thing my parents did for me was give me an arrow and a quiver. This was symbolizing the following verses:
Psalms 127:3-5
Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.
As arrows [are] in the hand of a mighty man; so [are] children of the youth.
Happy [is] the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

My parents have a quiver of their own with four arrows left (symbolizing the other children in our family). Daddy reminded me that every arrow needs a resting place and I will always be welcome in their "quiver".
The quiver I received is to put future arrows in when I have children of my own. So, someday I too can send out my children as arrows for the Lord. And as the verse says I hope my quiver is full of arrows someday!
After the recital Daddy and Mommy presented me with my diploma! I'm all finished! What a great feeling!!!!!!!!
We had a very nice reception with light refreshments, of course including cake. It was so nice to be able to have my family and some close friends around to celebrate with me!
Daddy and Mommy also gave me a beautiful pair of pearl earrings as a graduation gift. I am so blesses to have them as parents. Not only because of the sweet, thoughtful things they did for me to make my graduation special but also because of the time and effort they put in to homeschooling me. From the very beginning they knew that homeschooling was what God had planned for our family. They have been so patient and faithful in training me both educationally and spiritually, even when it was not always the "in" thing, even when I was difficult to work with. I am so thankful for all the things they taught me but especially for teaching me, at an early age, about Jesus Christ.
I do not know what the Lord has in store for me yet but I know it is something wonderful and
I pray I will continue be the strait arrow for the Lord, that my parents taught me to be.

I will hopefully have pictures soon to show you too.

3 comments:

Party Buzz Bee said...

Congratulations, Ashley! I'm proud of you! (and your parents for the great job they've done!) The arrow and quiver story is wonderful...thanks for sharing that.

Ashley said...

Thank you very much! And thank you for your sweet gift. I just got it today.

Party Buzz Bee said...

You're very welcome! :-)