Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Last night we celebrated Daddy’s birthday. We had Babum, Nanny, Grandpa and Grandma over for dinner to help us celebrate. Grandma said she thinks it has been around 20 years since they were able to be with Daddy on his birthday. It was a very special time.

Instead of cake (we are a little tired of that) Mommy made Daddy a coconut cream pie and rice pudding, some of Daddy’s favorites . Both were very good!

As gifts Daddy got a whole new out fit which he really seemed to like. He enjoys cooking so we got him a special hand held mixer too. The evening went very well and I think every one had fun.
I am so blessed to have Donn Schnarr as my father. He is such a good leader in our home. He is a hard worker and a wonderful provider. He makes me feel safe. He encourages me in my walk with the Lord. He has so much wisdom and insight that would be very hard to find in any other person. I admire his convictions and the fearless way he stands for them.

Thank you for you role in my life Daddy. Happy birthday.

No comments: